Shriners Hospitals for Children® – Twin Cities is part of an international network of 22 Shriners Hospitals for Children locations. For over 93 years, we have been a regional leader in pediatric orthopedics and specialized plastic surgery services, attracting families from throughout the upper Midwest and three Canadian provinces. We are dedicated to providing a complete range of medical and rehabilitative services including surgeries, physical, occupational and recreational therapies, and orthotics and prosthetics. We take our time to consult with each family providing a customized approach to care, as well as a commitment to meeting every child’s social and emotional needs.
Top orthopedic specialties include treatment of: cerebral palsy, clubfoot, congenital deformities of the hands and feet, hip disorders, limb deficiencies, limb length discrepancies, metabolic bone diseases, neuromuscular disorders, rheumatology diseases, and spina bifida.
Top specialized plastic surgery specialties include treatment of: birthmarks, ear abnormalities, hemangioma, and scar revision.
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Rhizotomy surgery
- Assistive technology
- Radiology services
- Rehabilitation services
Benchmarks & Highlights
- POPS (Pediatric Prosthetic & Orthotic Services) is accredited by the American Board of Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics, Inc. (ABC)
- Region’s largest pediatric orthotic & prosthetic fabrication site
- Patients surveyed by Quality Outcomes rank POPS (Pediatric Prosthetic & Orthotic Services) in the top 97th percentile nationally
- Patients surveyed by Press Ganey rank inpatient services in the top 99th percentile nationally