Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities and has been recognized nationally and locally for the expertise and care provided by an exceptional team. Each year. the hospital serves more than 200,000 patients and their families from across the Twin Cities and the Upper Midwest.
Patients who seek care at Abbott Northwestern Hospital can also be seen at Phillips Eye Institute, part of Allina Health and the only eye speciality hospital in the region. The hospital provides comprehensive eye care and vision services, diagnosis of complex eye conditions and subspecialty eye surgery. In addition, patients treated at Abbot Northwestern Hospital will have access to the Penny George™ Institute for Health and Healing, the largest integrative health center embedded in a health system in the U.S.
- Cancer care
- Heart care
- Physical rehabilitation
- Spine care
Benchmarks & Highlights
- Rated by U.S. News & World Report as the Best Hospital in the Twin Cities and second in the State of Minnesota
- Cardiovascular and Orthopedic programs consistently ranked in the Top 30 programs nationally by U.S.
News & World Report
- Top hospital for neurological care by CareChex and top center for neurologic care in the upper Midwest by Becker’s
- Recipient of the 2013 Commission on Cancer Outstanding
- Recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Magnet®
- Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Blue Distinction Centers for Spine Surgery, Knee and Hip Replacements, Bariatric Surgery, Cardiac Care and Complex and Rare Cancers
- First in Midwest to implant world’s tiniest pacemaker
- Second largest hepatobiliary (liver cancer) program in the country
- One of only a few facilities to use selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) to treat unresectable liver tumors
- Accredited by the Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring Laboratory Accreditation Board of ABRET. One of 17 programs in the U.S. and only one in Minnesota University of Minnesota